When it feels like your AC is not working properly, there are some steps you should take before calling for professional help. Check out these tips to get your system back up and running.
Image Source: Google
What is the exact cause of your AC not working?
- First, make sure that the breaker for the system is turned on.
- Next, check to see if the unit is plugged in and working. If it is not, try plugging it in and turning it on.
- Finally, if all else fails, you can try to change the filter on the system.
Here are some common symptoms and what you can do to try to rectify the situation:
1. Feeling unusually warm or cold in the home. This is likely due to the windows becoming ineffective at trapping heat or cooling air, respectively.
2. A noticeable increase or decrease in indoor humidity levels. This is because moisture is being drawn in from the outdoor environment and not being able to escape through the AC unit.
3. A persistent headache or feeling of Un-Dry mouth. This is because the AC unit is not circulating air sufficiently and is therefore causing congestion and bacteria build-up in your nasal passages.
4. Poorly concealed smoke or scent throughout the home. When the AC unit doesn’t circulate air well, it allows smoke and other odors to accumulate and become more apparent.
5. Excessive noise from the AC unit, whether it be a high-pitched whine or an overall loudness that exceeds expectations for the room size. This is because the fan inside of the AC unit is struggling to move.